Moisturizing Lavender Lotion Bars
- 1/4 Cup Lavender infused oil to make infused oil choose fresh, dry lavender buds (1 cup) per quart. Pour oil of your choice, (sweet almond oil, jojoba oil, olive oil) over the fresh lavender. Infuse for one week in a cool dark place. When ready to use, strain lavender buds from oil.
- 1/4 cup Beeswax
- 1/4 cup Shea, Mango or Cocoa butter
- 5-10 drops Essential Lavender oil
- Combine all of the ingredients into a saucepan or an upcycled tin can.
- If using a tin can, set it into a saucepan containing 2-3 inches of water.
- Place the saucepan over medium-low heat. Stir until all ingredients are melted and combined.
- Pour mixture into heatproof silicone molds. I bought these molds. Let cool a few hours before taking out of mold.
- Use this lotion bar all over your skin. They are especially helpful for moisturizing rough feet and elbows.
- Store lotion bars in a lidded container out of direct sunlight and in a cool area.